New iPhone app allows free calls
Stockholm, January 19, 2012
Sweden-based Freephoo, an online communications firm, has launched a new version of its iPhone and iPod Touch app, which supports free calls to Facebook friends, LinkedIn connections and to phonebook contacts.
When connected to Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, freephoo 2.0 displays the contacts. It takes just a few seconds to import all social contacts and start making social calls for free, said a statement.
“People are building and maintaining relationships through the social networks, so the phonebook is no longer the only alternative for contacts. We are very pleased to give our users the opportunity to call Facebook and LinkedIn contacts for free,” said co-founder Pandelis Eliopoulos.
Freephoo earlier presented high audio quality calls, introduced as superHD sound. The superHD quality sound applies for the social calls as well.
On the App Store, freephoo reached No 1 on Top Free App, No 1 on Top Social App and No 1 on Top Grossing app.
Freephoo is currently listed as 'What's hot' in more than 15 markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- UAE’s ICT sector to grow 22.3pc in 2013
- Etisalat offers higher price for Maroc stake
- Orascom set to be delisted from exchanges
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai