AFS picks GBM system platform
Manama, January 16, 2012
Arab Financial Services (AFS), a leading provider of electronic-payments and consumer-finance outsourcing services, has selected Gulf Business Machines (GBM) to install its key system platform.
As per the deal, GBM will deploy its IBM zEnterprise System Mainframe model z114 to help AFS integrate and centrally manage the company's IT resources.
The deal marks the first deployment of IBM Mainframe model z114 in Bahrain and across the GCC which will be managed by GBM's division in the kingdom, Bahrain Business Machines.
The IBM system forms part of AFS application infrastructure upgrade project, presenting a cost-efficient method of integrating applications that will simultaneously improve customer service.
The platform will enable AFS to enhance electronic payments, records management and customer service processes, enabling higher processing speed and quicker response time.
"AFS has been at the forefront of bringing leading-edge services to the payment card industry for more than 25 years," said AFS chief executive B Chandrasekhar.
"We have maintained our leadership position by continuously improving and upgrading our services. AFS has committed significant investments in upgradations this year. Our decision to invest in the IBM Mainframe z114 was driven by our desire to boost service efficiencies to our partner banks.
"As part of the process we turned to GBM, with its extensive track record in deploying server consolidation solutions around the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit