RIM to preview BlackBerry PlayBook OS
Riyadh, January 12, 2012
Research In Motion (RIM) will be preview at this week’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas new features of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 that will enable customers to stay even more connected.
“BlackBerry PlayBook is already recognized for delivering powerful performance, true multi-tasking, advanced web browsing and HD multimedia in an ultra-portable design,” said Mike Lazaridis, president and Co-CEO at RIM.
“With BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 we are building on this strong foundation, as well as leveraging our strengths in communications, social integration and productivity, to allow people to use their BlackBerry PlayBook in new ways throughout the day.”
CES 2012 attendees who visit the BlackBerry booth at CES will get a sneak peek of upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 functionality including advanced messaging experience, deep integration of social relationships, pairing the BlackBerry smartphone and a tablet PC, improved mobile productivity and new apps and content.
The BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 software update will be available as a free download for all BlackBerry PlayBook users and is expected to be available next month, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions