Mashreq partners with Kaspersky Lab
Dubai, January 8, 2012
UAE-based Mashreq Bank has partnered with Kaspersky Labs, a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, to provide its online customers with special offers on the anti-virus products.
As per the deal, Kaspersky will offer a 60 day free trial of its new anti-virus product besides a 50 per cent discount on the purchase of the product. Over 100,000 customers are expected to benefit from this offer, said a statement from Mashreq.
In 2010, Mashreq’s online banking recorded over two million successful transactions, reflecting customers’ preferred method for their banking transactions. Due to this high traffic, online security is essential.
Aref Al Ramli, head of alternative channels, Mashreq said, "While we offer a safe and secure platform equipped with the best system for convenient banking transactions, it is critical that customers’ protect their computer devices."
"This partnership is a testament of Mashreq’s commitment to offer our customers with the latest technology has to offer. Kaspersky Anti-Virus product will offer protection while browsing,” said Al Ramli.
Tarek Kuzbari, managing director, Kaspersky Lab Middle East and Turkey said, “Internet surfing has faced many challenges during the last period, and our goal is to provide Mashreq customers with the highest level of security on their devices.”
“As part of our 2011 plan, our partnership with Mashreq will not involve only product enhancement, but will also provide technical support, customer security and extra protection tool with minimal costs,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum