Alcatel to support Saudi Telecom 4G LTE
Riyadh, January 4, 2012
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has selected Alcatel-Lucent to support the launch of its first 4G LTE wireless network in the country, bringing subscribers true broadband services to their mobile devices.
Alcatel-Lucent was selected to support STC’s LTE network deployment in the Northern Region of the kingdom, following a successful trial of the technology, a statement from the telecommunications company said.
Through the ngConnect programme, Alcatel-Lucent is also helping STC build an ecosystem of leading companies to provide content, applications and innovative services to meet the needs of subscribers in Saudi.
The increased speeds and quality of experience will allow activities such as the download and transfer of high definition video and real-time gaming, on the move, the statement said.
STC will be the first in the region to launch massive commercial LTE services to cover 11 major cities in Saudi Arabia as first phase to provide enhanced mobile broadband services using 4G LTE technology, with dramatic improvements anticipated in the speed and quality of connections, the statement said.
With over 20 LTE contracts for commercial deployments including two of the largest LTE network roll-outs, and engagement in more than 70 LTE trials worldwide, Alcatel-Lucent has established a strong global leadership position in 4G LTE, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit