Menatelecom launches new broadband device
Manama, December 24, 2011
Menatelecom, a leading Internet service provider in Bahrain and an investment subsidiary of Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain (KFH-B), has released a new portable Broadband device.
The new MyFi Plus device offers customers new features that include even higher speed and better indoor coverage, a statement said.
The new device comes with superior signal quality and broadband experience while maintaining a lighter weight to enable one to carry it in the pocket.
The device has the ability to be recharged using Blackberry or any micro-USB charger.
MyFi Plus brings offers (WiMAX/Wi-Fi) capability with high-speed Internet up to 18Mb. It allows up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices such as a laptop, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, etc. or any other combination of devices to be connected to the internet at the same time anywhere in Bahrain.
Abdul Razak Jawahery, executive manager at Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain (KFH-B), also vice chairman and managing director of Menatelecom, said: “Our customers have become well accustomed to the rapid progression and improvement of Menatelecom’s services. We will continue to offer our customers the most advanced and cost-effective ways to connect to our nationwide wireless broadband network.”
The new MyFi device operates on a battery that lasts up to four hours and can be recharged using any PC or USB connection. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network