India’s Mahindra cited for role in UAE growth
Dubai, December 4, 2011
India-based Mahindra Group, a leading business house, received an appreciation award for outstanding contribution towards UAE’s growth during a special ceremony titled ‘40 Years of Achievements’ in Dubai.
The event was held at the Atlantis Hotel as part of the ongoing celebrations commemorating the 40th founding anniversary of the UAE.
The award, received by C P Gurnani, CEO, Mahindra Satyam, complements the Group’s implementation of a strategic initiative called ‘M-Cube’, which aims to merge the strengths of Mahindra Satyam, a leading global consulting and IT services provider, and Tech Mahindra, a global systems integrator and business transformation consulting organization focused on the communications industry, in a move to empower local industries and businesses in the UAE and the Middle East.
The ‘M-Cube’ strategy will allow Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra to leverage state-of-the-art technology and solutions across various industry verticals in the region.
The initiative is also expected to result in a key synergy that makes full use of the wide industrial knowledge and experience of the Mahindra Group of companies and the technical expertise of Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra in developing solutions and services across a broader market.
The International Data Corporation (IDC), a leading business intelligence and research firm, has pointed out that the strength and potential of the M-Cube strategy will lie in the ability of both Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra to identify and grow synergies towards co-sourcing and co-creating solutions for various markets.
“Over the last four decades, the UAE has evolved into a premier global tourism and investment hub, playing host to a diverse expatriate community that now considers it as their new home,” said Gurnani.
“We are proud to be part of the UAE’s development and this award further motivates us to remain true to our commitment in delivering state-of-the-art technology solutions and meeting the needs of our customers in the Middle East.”
Bobby Gupta, head of Mena and Turkey, Mahindra Satyam, said: “We dedicate this award to our employees, who are considered to be the pillars of our organization and have maintained strong commitment in keeping our customers fully satisfied.”
“Rest assured that we will remain constant in our promise to provide world class technology that meets the needs of our customers and the market, always setting higher standards of quality and customer satisfaction in the Middle East region,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network