Jordan firm seals Noorsat deal
Amman, November 15, 2011
Jordan-based Damamax has signed a high-speed dedicated internet access (DIA) services deal with Noorsat, a leading satellite capacity provider in the region.
Damamax is a unit of Dama Ventures and one of the largest backbone operators in the Kingdom providing broadband solutions through optical fiber.
Under the agreement, Damamax will provide Noorsat with high-speed Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) services, a statement from the company said.
Damamax CEO Eyad Abu Khorma said that since its inception, the company has set up a solid infrastructure that is compliant with the latest international standards in the field of ICT services.
These services include high-speed internet and the linkage of locations both locally and regionally through MPLS technologies, in an effort to efficiently cater to the needs of clients across different sectors, particularly audio-visual broadcasting companies.
“We are proud to be Noorsat’s service provider of choice, and we are keen to help it achieve its goal of enhancing its technical capabilities and bolstering its performance levels through our high-quality internet services which we offer at competitive prices and with value-added features,” Abu Khorma said.
Omar Shoter, the CEO of Noorsat, said: “This partnership highlights the company’s achievements and is in line with its efforts to upgrade the communications technologies it adopts, particularly in light of the fast-changing global telecommunications landscape and the technologies within the sector.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite