Du mobile subscribers to hit 5m
Dubai, October 8, 2011
Du, the integrated telecom service provider in the UAE, said the company is celebrating its expanding mobile customer base – which is closing in on the five million mark – at the ongoing 'Gitex Technology Week 2011' in Dubai.
The telecom company had earlier achieved a milestone in providing 99.8 per cent of the urban population across the emirates with the fastest nationwide 4G mobile data network, said a top official.
“It is thanks to our ever-expanding du family of close to five million customers that we are who we are today – the fastest-growing telecommunications company in the UAE,” remarked Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, du.
“I’m touched by how quickly we’ve won the hearts of the UAE’s population in just under five years of operations,” he said.
“Our customers are already enjoying the fastest nationwide 4G network and we have taken the strategic decision to make LTE commercially available only when devices such as LTE smartphones become available in the market,” Faraidooni added.
Earlier on Saturday, Sheikh Majed Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, chairman of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority, accompanied by senior government officials, visited the du stand at Gitex Shopper.
Ahmed Alkhaja, senior director Indirect Sales, du, received Sheikh Majed, in the presence of other representatives of du’s executive management.
Sheikh Majed was given an insight into the suite of services that du is offering visitors at the shopping exposition, with details about the added value, uniqueness and advanced technologies that du provides.
“Gitex Shopper is an occasion for us to further reward the people of the UAE, by providing them with enticing offers, only available at our stand during the show,” said Faraidooni.
“We invite residents of the UAE and visitors in the country to come and explore the convenience and value-driven deals and services that we have available exclusively throughout Gitex Shopper.”
The official invited customers to visit the du stand to experience a first-hand demo of mobile broadband speeds up to 150Mbps, through internet keys being showcased during the event.
Hatem Bamatraf, senior VP, Network Development and Operations, said, “Our customers were the first to experience the fastest nationwide 4G mobile broadband in the UAE when we first upgraded our network to HSPA+ in March 2011.
'We are proud to be the first in the region to introduce the LTE 1800MHz mobile spectrum. The du mobile broadband network is now capable of reaching amazing download speeds, having already demonstrated speeds of up to 150Mbps, which will further enhance our customers’ experience,” he added.
Visitors to the du stand at the Gitex Shopper stand will be able to browse through and purchase any of du’s product and service propositions – for both individuals and businesses.
These include Elite Plan subscriptions, Pay as you Go, Mobile Broadband, WoW Recharge, BlackBerry Service, as well as Nokia and Samsung handset bundles.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m