Software AG ‘leader in architecture market’
Dubai, August 1, 2011
Germany-based Software AG has been named a leader in a major evaluation report, receiving top scores in overall strategy, product architecture and market presence.
In the April 2011 report of The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Architecture Management Suites, Forrester Research looked at Enterprise Architecture (EA) tools of the third generation with capabilities across the entire EA management lifecycle and noted a leader offers “the most-advanced EA tools evolving into the new EAMS market.”
Forrester further stated: “An EAMS centralizes the most-strategic information on IT and the business.”
In this report, Forrester evaluated Software AG’s ARIS Platform.
Citing Software AG as “the vendor with the strength to be successful in this market,” Forrester highlighted key features that landed Software AG in the leader category of EAMS and that reflect the capabilities of the ARIS portfolio.
“Software AG promises the best business connection to EAMS,” said the report.
“The combination of Software AG’s product and service arm provides the vendor with the strength to be successful in this market, with differentiators including the business orientation the company is known for, ties to Software AG’s SOA platform, and the company’s metadata strategy with CentraSite,” it added.
“We welcome the recognition by Forrester that places Software AG in a leader position so that organizations can see the value of our technology,” said Dr Wolfram Jost, chief technology officer and member of the executive board, Software AG.
“The strong belief in EA as the glue between the merging topics of BPM and SOA led Software AG to be the top-ranked vendor in strategy and market presence. The proven capabilities of our ARIS Platform in enterprise architecture management, especially in alignment of business goals with IT strategy and operations, are key elements customers have come to depend on.”
Marco Gerazounis, senior vice president, Software AG Middle East, said: “Once again, Software AG’s product capabilities to empower businesses; enhance their competitiveness and overall performance has been reaffirmed.”
“The Forrester Wave report likewise confirms the success of our Enterprise Architecture Management strategy that supports business and IT management by providing insight into ongoing and future operations and aligning operations with strategy,” he added.
Software AG’s ARIS platform enables customers to plan, visualize and evaluate processes, applications, technologies, data and organizations through a central repository. The consistent integration of all information means that architecture elements can be reused across the enterprise for planning, design and development of solution scenarios, a statement said.
Software AG’s integrated EAMS solution contains a rich Meta model with broad EA reference content, providing a foundation on which to structure and relate the variety of information that is essential to involved stakeholders, it added.
Software AG’s service repository, CentraSite, also a core component of its EAMS solution, allows organizations to develop, store and manage SOA services.
Used in combination with the EA capabilities of the ARIS Platform, a professional service portfolio management can be established to plan the lifecycle of SOA services and to connect them to business processes, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m