TRA pat for Bahrain telecom operators
Manama, July 4, 2011
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has given the mobile operators in Bahrain - Batelco, Viva and Zain - a thumbs up in its first mobile quality of service report for the Kingdom.
The audit which was performed by Directique, an independent consulting firm, during October identified that all three mobile operators were achieving good performances compared with benchmarked mobile operators in other markets including the UAE, France and Germany.
The evaluation included the following mobile services: Voice, SMS and MMS, email and data services over computer and smartphone and was performed with a method designed to gather a faithful qualitative record of the end user's point of view.
This quality of service report follows and complements a mobile coverage audit published by TRA last month based on 87,683 individual test calls.
'The result of the audits clearly indicate that mobile operators are putting a lot of efforts to comply with their licence conditions and also to provide consumers with state-of-the-art mobile services and satisfy their needs,' said TRA technical operations director Mohammed Mahmood.
'The TRA is satisfied that consumers are enjoying a wide range of mobile telecommunications services with good levels of coverage and quality. It will continue to closely monitor the evolution of the mobile quality of service,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network