Zain inks University of Bahrain deal
Manama, June 13, 2011
Leading telecom operator Zain Bahrain said it has inked a partnership deal with the University of Bahrain to develop its academic work and open new horizons for the students.
Under the deal, Zain Bahrain will pay BD49,000 ($129,963) annually for development of the Zain e-Learning Center at Sakhir campus as well as renting two locations for the installation of two communication towers.
The move comes as part of Zain Bahrain's e-Learning initiative, said a company statement.
The two parties also pledged to develop this agreement in a way that could serve the community, it added.
University of Bahrain president Dr Ebrahim Mohammed Janahi said Zain Bahrain is considered as one of the most important institutions that we are proud of its partnership in this national university.
'The company has, over the past years, contributed to many activities including finance for establishment of the Zain e-Learning Center, which transforms studying courses into electronic ones,' said Janahi, adding that this change is the future trend for many universities across the globe.
Zain Bahrain GM Mohammed Zainalabedin said the company always seeks the channels that develop the society at all levels, and there is no better place than the university in this regard.
“Zain Bahrain has employed many University of Bahrain graduates in its different departments, and the company is proud of their advanced performance,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m