Batelco announces network upgrade on May 24
Manama, May 19, 2011
Batelco, the leading integrated communications provider in the Kingdom of Bahrain, has announced an upgrade of its mobile network.
Accordingly a brief outage will take place in a number of areas on May 24th between 2am and 3am.
The areas affected will be Muharraq, Manama City, Isa Town, Juffair, Adliya, Hoora, Diplomat Area, Arad, Hidd, Amwaj and Khalifa Port.
The upgrade work, which will take place in the early hours of the morning in order to minimise the impact on customers, is expected to affect each area for only 10 to 15 minutes. During the upgrade, some customers in the affected areas may experience temporary disruption to voice, SMS or data via their mobile phone, a statement said.
“We apologise for any inconvenience the upgrade work may cause and appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our customers,” said Batelco Group general manager Ahmed Al Janahi.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions