Batelco announces network upgrade on May 24
Manama, May 19, 2011
Batelco, the leading integrated communications provider in the Kingdom of Bahrain, has announced an upgrade of its mobile network.
Accordingly a brief outage will take place in a number of areas on May 24th between 2am and 3am.
The areas affected will be Muharraq, Manama City, Isa Town, Juffair, Adliya, Hoora, Diplomat Area, Arad, Hidd, Amwaj and Khalifa Port.
The upgrade work, which will take place in the early hours of the morning in order to minimise the impact on customers, is expected to affect each area for only 10 to 15 minutes. During the upgrade, some customers in the affected areas may experience temporary disruption to voice, SMS or data via their mobile phone, a statement said.
“We apologise for any inconvenience the upgrade work may cause and appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our customers,” said Batelco Group general manager Ahmed Al Janahi.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- UAE’s ICT sector to grow 22.3pc in 2013
- Etisalat offers higher price for Maroc stake
- Orascom set to be delisted from exchanges
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai