Qtel hits Internet trial speeds of 100 Mbps
Doha, May 18, 2011
Qatar Telecom (Qtel), the leading telecom service provider in Qatar, has become the first company in the country to reach Internet trial speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
From today (May 18), Qtel is enabling customers within the company’s trial fibre footprint to receive home Internet broadband at speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
As Qtel’s next generation fibre network continues to extend, the company will offer this service to customers throughout Doha and other urban areas, a statement said.
The deployment of Qtel’s next generation fibre network throughout Qatar is advancing rapidly, with fibre deployment occurring zone-by-zone and commercial launch set to start in the second half of this year, it added.
Qtel has confirmed its intention to launch Internet packages with speeds of up to 100 Mbps. Pricing and availability will be announced at the commercial launch later in 2011.
This new technological milestone will propel Qatar into the “Top Ten” countries with the fastest Internet in the world, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft