Qtel hits Internet trial speeds of 100 Mbps
Doha, May 18, 2011
Qatar Telecom (Qtel), the leading telecom service provider in Qatar, has become the first company in the country to reach Internet trial speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
From today (May 18), Qtel is enabling customers within the company’s trial fibre footprint to receive home Internet broadband at speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
As Qtel’s next generation fibre network continues to extend, the company will offer this service to customers throughout Doha and other urban areas, a statement said.
The deployment of Qtel’s next generation fibre network throughout Qatar is advancing rapidly, with fibre deployment occurring zone-by-zone and commercial launch set to start in the second half of this year, it added.
Qtel has confirmed its intention to launch Internet packages with speeds of up to 100 Mbps. Pricing and availability will be announced at the commercial launch later in 2011.
This new technological milestone will propel Qatar into the “Top Ten” countries with the fastest Internet in the world, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution