Kingston launches ‘fastest’ Flash drive
Dubai, May 18, 2011
Kingston Digital Europe, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company., the independent world leader in memory products, has launched its fastest USB 3.0 Flash drive.
The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2, Kingston’s fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
It features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, with a read speed of 100MB per second, and a write speed of 70 MB per second, a statement said. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB per second.
It is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
“Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market,” says Antoine Harb, business development manager MEA, Kingston Technology.
“The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology.”
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash drive is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco CEO leaves; former boss steps in
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio