Kingston launches ‘fastest’ Flash drive
Dubai, May 18, 2011
Kingston Digital Europe, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company., the independent world leader in memory products, has launched its fastest USB 3.0 Flash drive.
The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2, Kingston’s fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
It features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, with a read speed of 100MB per second, and a write speed of 70 MB per second, a statement said. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB per second.
It is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
“Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market,” says Antoine Harb, business development manager MEA, Kingston Technology.
“The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology.”
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash drive is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions