Nokia names new Lower Gulf head
Dubai, April 14, 2011
Nokia has appointed Tom Farrell as the general manager for the Lower Gulf, a region comprising UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman.
Farrell has been with Nokia for seven years in various roles, most recently leading the Services Sales & Delivery team globally to bring Nokia’s Ovi services to millions of consumers in collaboration with mobile operators and retailers.
Farrell started his career at Accenture in the technology systems integration and consulting practices. He has extensive international experience having lived and worked in the United States, France, UK, Ireland (his native country), Finland and Singapore.
Tom has a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from University College Cork (Ireland) and an MBA from Insead (France/Singapore).-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon