Batelco to upgrade mobile network
Manama, February 9, 2011
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading mobile services provider, will begin an upgrade of its mobile network starting from February 12.
Phase One of the upgrade programme will take place over an eight to 10 week period and will be carried out in stages to minimise the impact on Batelco’s mobile customers, affecting only one or two geographic areas at a time.
All work will take place during low traffic periods, between 23:00 and 06:00 for working days and between 05:00 and 08:00 during the weekends, in order to cause minimal disruption to customers.
Additionally, each planned outage is expected to take only 20 minutes to further minimise any inconvenience, a company statement said.
During the upgrade hours, some customers in the affected areas may experience temporary disruption to voice, SMS or data via their mobile phone, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying