Batelco to upgrade mobile network
Manama, February 9, 2011
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading mobile services provider, will begin an upgrade of its mobile network starting from February 12.
Phase One of the upgrade programme will take place over an eight to 10 week period and will be carried out in stages to minimise the impact on Batelco’s mobile customers, affecting only one or two geographic areas at a time.
All work will take place during low traffic periods, between 23:00 and 06:00 for working days and between 05:00 and 08:00 during the weekends, in order to cause minimal disruption to customers.
Additionally, each planned outage is expected to take only 20 minutes to further minimise any inconvenience, a company statement said.
During the upgrade hours, some customers in the affected areas may experience temporary disruption to voice, SMS or data via their mobile phone, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet