Emerging markets to grab 60pc mobile market
Dubai, January 23, 2011
Emerging markets will account for 60 per cent share of mobile market by 2013 and 80 per cent of people browsing the Internet will do so via a mobile phone, according to a research by UK-based Informa Telecoms & Media.
The key markets including the Mena region, China, India, Russia and Brazil look set to drive mobile phone growth, the telecoms and media research firm said in its study.
In line with research findings, Motorola Mobility said it is creating unprecedented computing power and performance along with innovative design and software enabling today’s mobile savvy consumers to have access to an unmatched level of connectivity to information and contacts while on-the-go.
“Motorola will continue to unleash innovative platforms for mobile users across the Middle East and beyond. The launch of our touch-screen devices have and will help fuel the Mobile Web,” said Raed Hafez- general manager for Motorola Middle East & Africa.
"The Mena region along with China, India, Russia and Brazil look set to drive mobile phone growth. The number of people browsing the Internet on a smartphone is expected to reach 530 million, up from 130 million users in 2010," he said, citing research findings.
According to him, Motorola is revolutionizing mobile computing with experiences that push the limits of mobile devices and new, game-changing technologies are entering the marketplace that will enable consumers to do more with their mobile devices.
Motorola Mobility’s new lineup of devices appears to build on the company’s established Android leadership that saw the company introduce an industry-best 23 Android smartphones in 2010, said Hafez.
The strong 2011 product portfolio promises to deliver even more flexible mobile experiences for work, home and play, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit