Bahrain and China to bolster telecom ties
Manama, November 8, 2010
A high-level Bahrain business delegation has visited leading Chinese telecommunications company ZTE.
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) chairman Dr Essam Fakhro led the delegation. Batelco chairman Shaikh Hamad bin Abdulla Al Khalifa was also part of the delegation.
The delegation was briefed on different services as well as prospects of bilateral co-operation.
The two sides reviewed ZTE's activities in Bahrain and opportunities of joint investments in training and human development.
'The aim of visiting such a leading company is to promote co-operation between telecommunications and ICT firms in both countries,' Dr Fakhro said.
'The BCCI has tabled several proposals to boost co-operation and launch projects which had been discussed at previous meetings'.
The BCCI, he vowed, would mobilise all its efforts for telecommunications sector to thrive and provide world standard services that benefit the private sector above all.
He underscored the importance of providing the necessary telecommunications and ICT infrastructure that serve the business community and consumers.
Established in Shenzhen in 1985, the pioneering firm is a leader in fixed and wireless telecommunications infrastructure.
ZTE offers a wide variety of telecommunication products, including those that provide value-added services to its customers. It offers services to over 500 telecommunications operators in more than 140 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president