Bahrain and China to bolster telecom ties
Manama, November 8, 2010
A high-level Bahrain business delegation has visited leading Chinese telecommunications company ZTE.
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) chairman Dr Essam Fakhro led the delegation. Batelco chairman Shaikh Hamad bin Abdulla Al Khalifa was also part of the delegation.
The delegation was briefed on different services as well as prospects of bilateral co-operation.
The two sides reviewed ZTE's activities in Bahrain and opportunities of joint investments in training and human development.
'The aim of visiting such a leading company is to promote co-operation between telecommunications and ICT firms in both countries,' Dr Fakhro said.
'The BCCI has tabled several proposals to boost co-operation and launch projects which had been discussed at previous meetings'.
The BCCI, he vowed, would mobilise all its efforts for telecommunications sector to thrive and provide world standard services that benefit the private sector above all.
He underscored the importance of providing the necessary telecommunications and ICT infrastructure that serve the business community and consumers.
Established in Shenzhen in 1985, the pioneering firm is a leader in fixed and wireless telecommunications infrastructure.
ZTE offers a wide variety of telecommunication products, including those that provide value-added services to its customers. It offers services to over 500 telecommunications operators in more than 140 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network