Bahrain and China to bolster telecom ties
Manama, November 8, 2010
A high-level Bahrain business delegation has visited leading Chinese telecommunications company ZTE.
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) chairman Dr Essam Fakhro led the delegation. Batelco chairman Shaikh Hamad bin Abdulla Al Khalifa was also part of the delegation.
The delegation was briefed on different services as well as prospects of bilateral co-operation.
The two sides reviewed ZTE's activities in Bahrain and opportunities of joint investments in training and human development.
'The aim of visiting such a leading company is to promote co-operation between telecommunications and ICT firms in both countries,' Dr Fakhro said.
'The BCCI has tabled several proposals to boost co-operation and launch projects which had been discussed at previous meetings'.
The BCCI, he vowed, would mobilise all its efforts for telecommunications sector to thrive and provide world standard services that benefit the private sector above all.
He underscored the importance of providing the necessary telecommunications and ICT infrastructure that serve the business community and consumers.
Established in Shenzhen in 1985, the pioneering firm is a leader in fixed and wireless telecommunications infrastructure.
ZTE offers a wide variety of telecommunication products, including those that provide value-added services to its customers. It offers services to over 500 telecommunications operators in more than 140 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders