Social networking ‘top malware source’
Dubai, October 9, 2010
Increased usage of social networking sites and growth of smartphones are among the main targets for cybercrime, said WatchGuard Technologies, a global leader of business security solutions.
“Organisations need to plan for the future,” said Corey Nachreiner, senior security analyst at WatchGuard.
“Our top 10 security threats provide companies an idea of the type of threats that can be expected in the coming year, and helps plan the defenses, accordingly,” he added.
The top 10 security threats list social networking sites as the number one malware source. This is followed by third-party programs, governments to create secret attack bots, growth of smart phones, data loss prevention, Windows 7, cloud computing, signature-only solutions, Mac threats and popular search engines.
“We have predicted a couple of relevant trends for 2010, which, we believe should not be neglected in 2011 and moving forward,” Nachreiner concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year