Viva making Bahrain market ‘more competitive’
Manama, July 17, 2010
Viva, the third company offering mobile technology and Internet in Bahrain, has made the telecom market more competitive in the kingdom, said a top official.
The move was in line with Bahrain’s strategy to offer various services at competitive
prices and improve the quality of services provided to subscribers, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) president Dr Mohammed Al Amer told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
Bahrain’s telecommunications map is now changing rapidly with operators striving to attract new clients and expand their market share, he said.
Since Viva became an active operator, a number of promotional offers were introduced that will help further consolidate Bahrain’s status as a major telecommunications hub in the region, he pointed out.
He said the licence granted to Viva stipulates quality criteria to be followed, and other operators are urged to upgrade their services, including Internet speed and download volume, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo