Umniah renews family support hotline deal
Amman, July 15, 2010
Umniah has renewed its agreement with the Jordan River Foundation (JRF) that aims to support the foundation’s child and family services, with a free hotline.
As per the agreement, Umniah will be allocating a free (110) hotline to receive calls pertaining to the welfare of Jordanian families and children from both mobile and landline phones.
The free (110) ‘Family Support’ line strives to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for children and their families, as well as raise parents’ awareness on the age-appropriate rearing practices for children of different age groups.
The hotline also provides parents with emotional and psychological support by enabling the families to benefit from educational, social and psychological counseling related to the growth and development of their children. In addition, the hotline will also allow children to receive necessary guidance and support.
“We aim from our social programs to establish projects that will benefit the entire Jordanian community, especially children,” stated Umniah’s CEO Ihab Hinnawi.
Umniah first signed the (110) ‘Family Support’ line agreement with the Jordan River Foundation in 2007.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network