Dimension Data wins DP World award
Dubai, June 8, 2010
Dimension Data, the $4 billion IT solutions and services provider, has won DP World's ‘3 x3’ Award, for its contribution to DP World’s Responsible Business Practices (RBP) initiatives.
DP World’s RBP initiatives include community support initiatives, waste reduction and cost down programmes.
“Dimension Data has not only demonstrated its capability as a company that delivers projects professionally but also as an organisation that is committed to the communities and environment where it operates. After extensive assessment, we found that Dimension Data had met and exceeded all the criteria required to be eligible for our ‘3 x 3’ Award,” said Iqbal Khoury, SVP Procurement DP World.
“We are committed to supporting the local communities where DP World terminals are located through dedicated corporate community contributions that are used for specific community development projects. Together with DP World, we have been able to make a difference to local communities in Djibouti and Aden and we look forward to working closely with them on many such projects in the future,” added Nader Atout, MD – Gulf Region, Dimension Data.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues