Batelco backs global education drive
Manama, April 20, 2010
Batelco, the leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, is joining other operators who together serve more than 1 billion users, in support of the 1Goal campaign which aims to get all children into school.
1Goal, the international initiative which launches today (April 20) will be backed by some of the world’s biggest names in football who have come out to support what promises to be footballs biggest ever campaign.
Batelco announced its support for the 1Goal initiatives during the GSMA Mobile World Congress, which was attended by a number of Batelco Group’s senior management.
With Africa’s first World Cup just over 50 days away, the campaign is seeking to secure $16 billion a year in funding from world leaders to ensure that the 72 million children currently unable to go to school can receive an education.
Backed by FIFA, 1Goal says this new funding should come from both increased aid commitments from rich countries as well as budget commitments from developing countries.
Batelco’s campaign will provide the platform for residents of Bahrain to show their support for 1Goal along with millions of people around the world, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m