Nvidia launches new graphics processor
Dubai, March 6, 2010
Nvidia, a leader in the semiconductor industry, has rolled out its new Nvidia ION graphics processor, which will supercharge netbooks with 10 times the graphics performance of standard netbooks, said a statement.
The new ION graphics processing unit (GPU), which will enable up to 10 hours of battery life, will also vastly outperform basic netbook graphics by delivering rich HD media in games, movies, and Internet-based video.
Unlike netbooks with Intel integrated graphics, ION netbooks have the power to play amazing HD video smoothly from sites like YouTube and support popular PC games like World of Warcraft.
The new ION netbooks also feature Nvidia’s Optimus technology, which automatically selects the best graphics processor for running any given application – seamlessly routing the workload to either an Nvidia discrete GPU or Intel integrated graphics, resulting in increased battery life, the statement said.
“If you want a netbook with the horsepower to play HD video and PC games, your only choice is ION,” said Drew Henry, general manager of GeForce and ION GPUs.
“The new ION netbooks deliver an unbeatable combination of performance and battery life. We continue to raise the standard for what a netbook should be,” he added.
More than 30 products featuring the new ION GPU are expected to launch by this summer including netbooks, small form factor desktops, “barebones” systems, motherboards, and discrete add-in cards. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit