Huawei unveils first 300mm-depth IP platform
Dubai, February 11, 2010
Huawei, a leader in providing next-generation telecommunications network solutions, has unveiled the industry’s first 300mm-depth IP platform with 20G/40Gb/s capacity.
The CX600-X1 and CX600-X2 (CX600-X1/X2) metro services platform (MSP) enable IP intelligence on metro network edge, drive convergence, improve capability and flexibility for full-service deployment and structurally reduce CAPEX and OPEX, all of which help operators to build full-service broadband metro area network (MAN).
Rapid growth of broadband services drive today’s metro networks evolving from pipe-type to full-service bearing, which necessitates IP intelligence to metro edge. This requires compact, yet powerful, IP equipment that can sit with massive access nodes to compensate for the lack of IP capability of traditional access equipment.
Huawei’s CX600-X1/X2 MSP addresses this issue by having strong IP capability and a compact size (220mm depth), suitable to be hosted in the same 300mm-depth standard cabinet as access nodes such as DSLAM, MSAN, and transmission equipment.
The CX600-X1/X2, together with Huawei’s CX600-X3/X8/X16, enhances IPTime broadband metro solution that ensures fast and flexible full-service deployment, providing more abundant and intelligent services for users.
“Service providers worry about space, power, and capacity constraints in all areas of their networks, and especially at the edge in access and aggregation areas,” stated Michael Howard, principal analyst at Infonetics Research.
“The 220mm depth of Huawei’s CX600-X1 and -X2 products should be attractive to providers when choosing equipment for their Ethernet business, broadband, and mobile backhaul networks.”
Designed on a hardware-based, non-blocking switching routing platform, the CX600-X1/X2 have significant forwarding capacity of 20G/40G, which can be expanded to 40G/80G in the future.
The CX600-X1/X2 have the most comprehensive port types ranging from E1, CPOS, FE, GE, to 10GE, and support rich Layer 2 and Layer 3 features (VLL, VPLS, L3VPN, PWE3, multicast and IPV6) that facilitate flexible service deployment and make the network future-proof. The CX600-X1/X2, by built-in support for all-scenario clock synchronisation, especially IEEE 1588v2, also help full-service operators to efficiently deploy their mobile broadband services, he explained.
To date, Huawei has deployed more than 620 metro networks worldwide, serving the world’s top carriers, including Bharti Airtel, China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom, Reliance, SingTel, Telefonica, Telecom Malaysia, and Turk Telecom.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution