Wipro, Trend Micro to deliver security solutions
Dubai, February 3, 2010
Trend Micro, a global leader in Internet content and dynamic datacenter security, has partnered with Wipro Technologies to offer next-generation virtualization security solutions for dynamic datacenters.
The goal of the partnership is to develop solutions that help secure public and private cloud computing environments that are being increasingly challenged to deliver operational cost savings, while still ensuring the security and compliance of critical IT assets, said Wipro Technologies, the global IT services business of Wipro Limited.
As part of the strategic agreement, Wipro and Trend Micro will jointly build Centers of Excellence to address the challenging data protection, security and compliance needs of today's virtualized datacenters, as well as the growing market demand for server consolidation.
Mutual customers will be able to fully leverage the benefits of Trend Micro Enterprise Security offerings through Wipro’s accelerated and cost-effective approach for deployment.
Under the agreement, Wipro becomes a global reseller of Trend Micro products that encompass threat management, Web, messaging, server and endpoint security.
With access to combined Wipro and Trend Micro expertise at these Centers of Excellence around the globe, including the US, UK, Australia and Japan, enterprises will be able to better focus on their core business competencies, while letting industry leaders help them effectively implement innovative security solutions that reduce risks and costs.
The two companies will also provide joint virtualized data center security, as well as datacenter consolidation solutions using next-generation security products from Trend Micro and other mutual partners.
In addition to Trend Micro, Wipro has the largest Centers of Excellence for Hewlett-Packard/Mercury, EMC, and Cisco.
Similarly, Trend Micro’s own multinational research, development and support centers, TrendLabs, are dedicated to 24/7 threat surveillance, attack prevention, and timely and seamless solutions delivery.
Trend Micro’s coordinated approach to virtualization security delivers comprehensive protection while maintaining the optimum performance, mobility and scalability of virtual machines.
By combining their areas of expertise, Trend Micro and Wipro will help enterprises achieve higher consolidation rates, and more fully and safely leverage their virtualization investments.
“By working closely with Trend Micro, we’ll be better able to address the operational security requirements of our datacenter customers, and meet their business demands for efficiency and cost savings,” said Prasenjit Saha, vice president and global head of enterprise security solutions at Wipro.
'Wipro’s leadership in providing end-to-end security services combined with Trend Micro’s advanced host and virtualization security solutions for datacenter security requirements will help customers to better protect their critical data, as well as ensure compliance with PCI and other regulations,' said Saha.
“Most datacenters are employing virtualization technology these days, but without a virtualization security strategy, these dynamic datacenters are less secure than their physical counterparts,” said Wael Mohamed, senior vice president of business development, Trend Micro.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum