Zain briefs students on mobile network
Manama, January 9, 2010
Zain Bahrain, a leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, recently gave an overview of its mobile network structure to 10 engineering students from the University of Bahrain.
The students, who were on an educational visit to the company’s mobile switching center, were also briefed regarding the company’s ongoing ambitious network upgrade to the region’s first Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology.
This LTE upgrade will enable Zain Bahrain customers to enjoy faster data downloads and enhanced customer experience, thanks to its transition to an all-IP, flat network through the introduction of Internet high speed packet access (I-HSPA) as a first stage, and then the Middle East Region’s first LTE technology, said a statement.
The new technology is expected to vastly boost Zain’s state-of-the-art services through improved voice, data and multimedia services.
“Zain Bahrain has a very active programme of engaging youth in projects that will enhance knowledge and allow them to understand the workplace of the future,” said Samya Hussein, corporate communications manager.
“Besides regular visits by university students, we also have a full-fledged work program called Future University Network (F.U.N.) where young people work with Zain mentors at Zain offices to understand and handle real-life workplace challenges,” Hussein added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network