34pc mobile growth seen in 2012
Dubai, December 7, 2009
The region’s mobile subscription growth is expected to grow by 34 per cent – 193 million subscribers from the current 144 million – in 2012, says a recent report.
In the light of this report, Info2cell.com, a leading mobile service application provider, will call for more sophisticated mobile services at the two-day14th Annual GSM>3G Middle East Telco World Summit.
The conference opened today (December 7) at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The telecommunications summit is expected to draw more than 2,500 decision makers from more than 45 telecommunication firms operating out of 80 countries worldwide, said a statement.
This year’s event, which is being held under the theme “Setting the Middle East Telco Agenda,” will also feature 75 of the world’s leading telecom visionaries as they lead discussions, workshops and roundtable talks on major challenges and potentials posed by convergence and the transition to newer technologies like 3G and broadband.
Info2cell.com will exhibit its wide range of services like news alerts via SMS or MMS, the advanced mobile value added services, personalized information services such as Alwan and its interactive mobile services for TV channels.
The company will also showcase the latest in its 3G service offerings, which include video and audio streaming services, said the statement.
“Countries in the Middle East region are currently witnessing an increase in their respective mobile penetration rates,” said Bashar Dahabra, founder and CEO, Info2cell.com.
“In fact, recent studies have shown that the region’s mobile subscription growth is expected to grow by 34 per cent or roughly 193 million subscribers by 2012. In line with this, Info2cell.com is urging telecommunication providers to complement this growth by offering improved and advanced services to their subscribers,” he added.
Dahabra continued: “Moreover, Info2cell.com’s participation in this year’s GSM>3G Middle East Telco World Summit will provide an excellent opportunity for us to highlight our top-of-the-line services and products and report on our ongoing expansion into key regional markets—connecting to over 36 operators with a presence in newer territories like Iran, Maldives and Afghanistan.”
“The event will also give us the opportunity to strengthen our ties with the different telecommunication companies operating in the region. Likewise, these companies also look forward to seeing Info2cell.com’s latest products and service offerings, as we are the region’s largest mobile value added service (VAS) provider,” he concluded.
Mobile data revenue is expected to increase by 118 per cent from 2008 to 2012, with revenue climbing from $3.1 billion to $6.7 billion, accounting for more than 16 per cent of total revenue forecast by operators, the report said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre