Saudi Mobily refinances $400m loan
Riyadh, October 11, 2009
Saudi mobile operator Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) said on Sunday it would refinance a 1.5 billion riyal ($400 million) Islamic loan over a four-year period.
A statement on the Saudi bourse website said the short-term loan, taken out in 2008 to finance Mobily's acquisition of Bayanat al-Oula, would be transferred to a medium-term loan.
It named the banks involved as Samba Financial Group, National Bank, Riyad Bank and the Sabb, HSBC's Saudi affiliate.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award