Qtel to own 65pc of Indosat
Doha, February 22, 2009
Qatar Telecommunications Co (Qtel) said it would own 65 percent of Indonesia's PT Indosat after completing a tender offer on February 18 to buy additional shares in the company from the public.
Qtel offered to purchase up to 1.31 billion Series B shares, representing about 24.19 percent of total issued or outstanding shares, it said in a statement.
The number of shares tendered by shareholders exceeded the amount Qtel was seeking to buy, it said.
Indonesia had said it would allow Qtel to own up to 65 percent in Indosat after Qtel bought a 40.8 percent stake in the firm last year. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security