Qtel to own 65pc of Indosat
Doha, February 22, 2009
Qatar Telecommunications Co (Qtel) said it would own 65 percent of Indonesia's PT Indosat after completing a tender offer on February 18 to buy additional shares in the company from the public.
Qtel offered to purchase up to 1.31 billion Series B shares, representing about 24.19 percent of total issued or outstanding shares, it said in a statement.
The number of shares tendered by shareholders exceeded the amount Qtel was seeking to buy, it said.
Indonesia had said it would allow Qtel to own up to 65 percent in Indosat after Qtel bought a 40.8 percent stake in the firm last year. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi