MySpace launches new mobile website
Barcelona, February 18, 2009
MySpace has launched a new, more integrated and optimised mobile website at the Mobile World Congress 2009.
The conference, which started yesterday (February 17) in Barcelona, Spain will end tomorrow.
MySpace reinforced its continued commitment to the mobile social Web with plans to develop new applications for Nokia in their S60 web runtime environment and Palm’s new webOS, first available on the Palm Pre.
With this, MySpace will broaden its leadership in mobile as it will be the only social network with applications supported on all smartphone platforms currently active in mobile social networking: iPhone, Google Android, Sidekick, Nokia, Palm and BlackBerry.
“We want our users to be able to access MySpace from any device,” said John Faith, vice president and general manager of MySpace Mobile. 'We are committed to building apps for platforms we feel are groundbreaking to offer our users the best possible on-the-go MySpace experience.”
This week, MySpace will be launching an updated version of the MySpace Mobile Website (m.myspace.com / wap.myspace.com), extending the company’s global site redesign to its popular mobile destination.
The new mobile Website further enhances the look and feel of MySpace on mobile, making it even more consistent with the popular online MySpace experience. New user interface elements have been optimized for devices with screen sizes 176 pixels wide and larger.
It features the familiar “MySpace blue” colour scheme and includes the ability to configure email photo upload. The redesign also has been built upon a fully updated architecture, which will allow the mobile MySpace experience to scale rapidly as more users discover m.myspace.com. The new mobile Website is supported in 13 languages and localized for 29 countries.
MySpace has 20 million unique users worldwide on the mobile Web and applications combined, and more than 7 billion page views per month, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum