EIIC selects Dimension Data solution
Abu Dhabi, February 5, 2009
Dimension Data, an IT solutions provider, has deployed an advanced data center solution for Emirates International Investment Company (EIIC), which is part of National Holding.
Dimension Data helped EIIC implement a state-of-the-art ’high availability’ mobile data center solution, which will help the investment company improve operational efficiency, reduce the risks associated with IT disruption and minimise costs and complexity.
EIIC also signed a three year contract with the company for onsite support and maintenance for the new data center equipment.
“EIIC was in the process of rolling out an ERP solution, upgrading a number of IT systems and hardware, and implementing a disaster recovery strategy,” explained Nader Atout, sales director - Gulf Region at Dimension Data.
'In order to accommodate these upgrades, EIIC knew that it had to upgrade its data center environment as well as build a solid ’high availability’ system in a remote location,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award