Qtel to begin Indosat tender on Jan.20
Doha, January 17, 2009
Qatar Telecommunications Company (Qtel) said on Saturday it would begin tender offers for PT Indosat in Indonesia and the United States on Tuesday.
"The Company is offering to purchase up to 1,314,466,775 series B shares, including series B shares underlying American Depositary Shares of Indosat, which is listed on both the Indonesian and New York stock exchanges," Qtel said in a statement.
The shares represent 24.19 percent of Indosat's total issued and outstanding shares," Qtel said.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders