Dimension Data to offer 'Managed Services'
Dubai, October 23, 2008
Dimension Data, a leading specialist IT services and solutions provider that helps companies plan, build, support and manage their IT infrastructures , today announced the launch of its 'Managed Services' for organisations across the Gulf Region.
Dimension Data's customised 'Managed Services' solutions are tailored to the business-specific needs of an organisation and can vary from outsourcing of IT helpdesk services with onsite engineering functions to total multi sourcing, which includes end-to-end service management.
'Dimension Data today is positioned at the forefront of networking and communications in nearly 40 countries around the world.
'We understand that today’s business environment demands that the IT infrastructure functions like a well-oiled machine actively supporting the business and contributing to the achievement of higher-end strategic goals – a tall order for any business unit and a top of mind challenge our clients are facing,' said Nader Atout, sales director - Gulf Region at Dimension Data.
'Hence we have launched the new Managed Services division, which includes both pre-packaged as well as customised managed services.'
Dimension Data's Managed Services include support, manage, improve and innovate functions that are delivered uniformly through the company's service interface.
The company also offers pre-packaged services such as Managed IPtel, Managed Security and Managed Uptime Break Fix Maintenance.
Dimension Data is focused on delivering services consistently throughout the world and provides clients with a full spectrum of Support Services that deliver return on current IT investment.
Through its Managed Services division, the company has helped over 6,000 companies globally achieve their business goals.
'Drawing on our experience in network integration, security, converged communications, data centres & storage, contact centre and Microsoft technologies, we deliver a full lifecycle of IT services.
'We have the ability to take on client requirements from entry level, break-fix support to complex managed services and help them drive down costs and increase productivity,' added Atout.
'Our Managed Services is differentiated in the region by the methodology, systems and processes that are used in delivering these services to our customers.
'There is a pro-active Service Management function which co-ordinates and enables the seamless end-to-end delivery of operations from a customer engagement and contract deliverables perspective.
'Delivering improved quality of service and a positive client experience is central to our company's services philosophy,' said Meetha Castellino, regional client services manager, Dimension Data.
Dimension Data's other differentiator is the ability to leverage its systems to monitor SLA management, root cause and problem resolution details which will be combined into a report for the company's customers on a monthly basis.
'Many organisations do not have the resources to take full advantage of the latest technologies or implement new projects and often lose critical knowledge when personnel change roles.
'Relying on Dimension Data performance experts for Managed Services, customers will be able to maintain continuity in the face of change and free up their time to focus their core competencies for meeting business goals.
'We already have a number of clients interested and engaged in our Managed Services and are delighted with the outcome,' Castellino said. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network