Dimension Data eyes key ME role
Dubai, April 8, 2008
Dimension Data, a leading global IT services and solutions provider, is looking to bring its international expertise of 25 years to service the region’s booming IT market.
With more than 74 per cent of the global fortune 100 and 60 per cent of the fortune 500 companies as its clients, Dimension Data has an annual revenue of $3.8 billion.
High oil prices boosting government capital, e-government drives, and the pressure to convert oil revenue into diversified economic sectors are dictating the changing role of IT in the region, said a company official.
With exceptional factors shaping the growth of the Middle East IT sector, and regional companies increasingly turning global for best practice solutions, successful implementation of IT solutions is key to maintaining integration and sustaining growth.
“Companies are increasingly looking for integrators that can provide specialized IT services and solutions, and help clients plan, build, support, and manage their IT infrastructures,” said Siddeek Rahim, managing director of dimension data for the Middle East Region.
“Success will depend on the ability of the solution provider to leveraging new technologies, with the goal of driving optimal business performance.”
Companies have to increasingly design a top-down approach to boost their IT infrastructure in order to grow. Vendors must take a holistic approach to supplying this demand.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit