US-UN-Russian meeting on Syria set for Nov 5
Rome, October 23, 2013
The UN Special Representative for Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, will meet US and Russian officials in Switzerland next month to try to prepare the way for a full Syria peace conference in Geneva, a senior US official said on Wednesday.
The trilateral meeting will be held in Geneva on November 5 with the US delegation expected to include Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman and US Ambassador to Syria Robert Ford, the State Department official told reporters accompanying Secretary of State John Kerry on a visit to Rome.
"We look forward to continuing this trilateral dialogue and reviewing progress towards convening the Geneva Conference on Syria," the official said. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- World shares tumble on Fed jitters
- EU industrial output falls sharply in Oct
- Kuwait spy chief worried by Iraq turmoil
- US lawmakers push to introduce new Iran bill
- Yemen close to $550m IMF loan deal
- 3 more Swiss banks join US tax deal
- US, Britain suspend aid to Northern Syria
- Iran to set date for IAEA visit to uranium mine
- Gulf leaders urged to launch Syria aid fund
- Iran, six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal