Magnitude 6.2 earthquake strikes southern Peru
Peru, July 17, 2013
A magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck southern Peru on Tuesday, according to the US Geological Survey.
The epicenter of the quake was located 53 miles (85 km) northwest of Arequipa, Peru, at a depth of about 52 miles (84 km), according to the USGS. Magnitude 6 quakes are capable of causing severe damage.
Peruvian authorities said there were no reports of damage or injuries. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- EU scraps duty on jet fuel imports
- Tech giants call for more controls on surveillance
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, calls snap polls
- Arabs seek nuclear arms-free Middle East
- Anti-Russia protests rage in Ukraine, Stalin statue felled
- SAfricans remember Mandela with praise, prayers
- UN inspectors visit key Iran nuke site
- Ice storm causes blackouts, flight delays in US
- Ruling Congress party punished in India polls
- US proposes annual GCC defence summit