US says won't immediately cut off Egypt aid
Washington, July 8, 2013
The White House said on Monday that it is not in the best interests of the United States to immediately change its aid program to Egypt.
White House spokesman Jay Carney said the United States government will take the time it needs to determine whether or not to label the Egyptian military's overthrow of the government as a coup, which would determine whether aid would continue.
"We do not believe it is in our interest to make a precipitous decision or determination now," Carney told reporters at a briefing. -Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, calls snap polls
- Arabs seek nuclear arms-free Middle East
- Anti-Russia protests rage in Ukraine, Stalin statue felled
- SAfricans remember Mandela with praise, prayers
- UN inspectors visit key Iran nuke site
- Ice storm causes blackouts, flight delays in US
- Ruling Congress party punished in India polls
- US proposes annual GCC defence summit
- Iran eyes better UAE ties after nuke deal
- Blatter calls for calm over Qatar 2022 problems