Pay deal reached with Lufthansa says union
Frankfurt, May 1, 2013
German trade union Verdi said it had reached agreement with Lufthansa on wage increases for 33,000 workers, averting another round of strikes that the union had threatened.
Employees of Lufthansa Cargo and Lufthansa Technik will see their pay rise by 4.7 percent, while Lufthansa AG staff pay will rise by 3.0 percent, in a deal which runs for 26 months and excludes forced layoffs, Verdi said in a statement.
The deal is pending approval by union members by May 14. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- German factory orders fall 2 per cent
- US upbeat as jobless rate hits five-year low
- US ‘does not recognize China's air defence zone’
- Brent edges over $111; eyes on US jobs data
- NELSON MANDELA HAS DIED
- Europe braces for deadly hurricane Xaver
- 11 killed in Iraq mall attack
- EU slaps $2.3bn fine on top banks
- US lawmakers worried over Iran's enrichment ability
- HK, Malaysia eye closer Islamic finance ties