Wipro quarterly profit surges 17pc
Mumbai, April 20, 2013
Indian outsourcing company Wipro said its quarterly profit rose 17 per cent to Rs17.3 billion ($317 million) as information technology services revenue grew.
Wipro yesterday reported a quarterly revenue of Rs110 billion, up 12 per cent from a year earlier.
It forecast a lower revenue of Rs85 billion to Rs87 billion for the April-June quarter.
Wipro executives said sales in the first quarter of the fiscal year are traditionally weak.
India's third-largest information technology outsourcing company said profit for the fiscal year that ended March 31 rose by 19 per cent to Rs66 billion.
The Wipro results come after a strong profit result from top Indian outsourcer Tata Consultancy Services and a disappointing forecast by rival Infosys.-Reuters
Tags: Wipro |
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- White House warns against new Iran sanctions
- 90 hurt as ceiling collapses at London theatre
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- Swiss extend freeze on Arab Spring assets
- Court ruling paves way for Mubarak aide's return
- 500 killed as fighting intensifies in South Sudan
- Secret detention part of Syria 'terror campaign,' says UN
- Gold hits 6-month low after Fed stimulus trim
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US Senate passes crucial budget deal