2 planes land at Amsterdam after tech snags
Amsterdam, March 4, 2013
Two airliners experiencing technical difficulties have landed safely at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport, spokeswomen for the airport said on Monday.
"An airplane of Delta Airlines, which had departed from Schiphol, had technical difficulties and has returned safely," one spokeswoman said.
Another spokeswoman said the second plane was a Dutch KLM passenger plane, which had also experienced technical difficulties, and that both planes were now back at their gates.
A spokesman for the U.S.-based Delta Airlines confirmed that its flight DL604 from Amsterdam to Mumbai had safely made an unscheduled landing. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Iran, six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal
- US exits GM stake in $10bn loss for taxpayers
- World leaders gather for Mandela memorial
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in polls
- Chinese 'spied on Europeans before G20 summit'
- Bitter cold, ice grip US East Coast
- EU scraps duty on jet fuel imports
- Tech giants call for more controls on surveillance
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, calls snap polls
- Arabs seek nuclear arms-free Middle East