Damascus car bomb kills at least 31
Beirut, February 21, 2013
At least 31 people were killed by a car bomb which struck the central Damascus district of Mazraa on Thursday, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
It said most of those killed in the blast near an office of President Bashar al-Assad's ruling Baath Party were civilians, though the death toll included security forces.
Other activists said 40 people were killed, including children, and 70 people were wounded. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- US House agrees $633bn in defence spending
- Chemical arms used repeatedly in Syria: UN
- World shares tumble on Fed jitters
- EU industrial output falls sharply in Oct
- Kuwait spy chief worried by Iraq turmoil
- US lawmakers push to introduce new Iran bill
- Yemen close to $550m IMF loan deal
- 3 more Swiss banks join US tax deal
- US, Britain suspend aid to Northern Syria
- Iran to set date for IAEA visit to uranium mine