Ali Akbar Salehi
Iran says six powers set Feb 25 meeting
Munich, February 3, 2013
Six world powers have proposed to hold a new round of talks with Iran on its nuclear programme in Kazakhstan on February 25, Iran's Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said on Sunday.
"I have good news - I heard yesterday that the P5+1 or EU3+3 will be meeting in Kazakhstan on Feb. 25," he said at the Munich Security Conference. He did not make clear whether Iran had agreed to the meeting.
He said he took with "positive consideration" comments by U.S. President Joe Biden on Saturday in which he held out the possibility of direct talks with Iran. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- UK jets escort Pakistan plane, 2 arrested
- HSBC urges regulators to speed up reforms
- US sees jump in durable goods orders
- UK co-op bank halts loans to customers
- Jet Airways posts $89m quarterly loss
- Top US banks 'involved in mortgage abuse'
- UK police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder
- Truck strike may have caused US bridge collapse
- Icahn seeks up to $7bn for Dell bid
- London attacker British, of Nigerian origin