Shelling in Syria's Raqqa kills 20
Beirut, December 26, 2012
Government shelling in the northern Syrian province of Raqqa killed about 20 people, at least eight of them children, a video posted by activists on Wednesday showed.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights published a video showing rows of the blood-stained bodies laid out on blankets. The sound of crying relatives could be heard in the background.
The shelling hit the province's al-Qahtania village, but it was unclear when the attack happened. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- London attacker British, of Nigerian origin
- Thousands of Hezbollah fighters in Syria: Kerry
- Swiss banks fear heavy fines in US tax deal
- Oil slips towards $103 on US demand worries
- US senate backs arming Syrian rebels
- Home Depot net income hits $1.2bn
- EU regulators to cap bankers' bonuses
- Gold extends losses on firm dollar
- Qatar fund to invest $500m in Russia's VTB
- Israel fires back at Syria after troops targeted