Greek PM eyes Qatar investments
Doha, November 21, 2012
Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras will be visiting Qatar next week to discuss investment opportunities inside Greece, a Greek embassy spokesman in Doha said.
Samaras will meet Qatar's Emir and prime minister as well as top officials from Qatar's sovereign wealth fund to discuss investment possibilities in the struggling Mediterranean economy, including equity participation in Greek state-owned companies, he stated on Tuesday.
"They will definitely discuss Qatari investment in Greece. This is the main goal of the trip. Equity participation in state companies that are being privatised, the state lottery and Depa, the public natural gas company, this is what Greece will present to the prime minister," he said.
The chief executives of Greece's two largest banks, National Bank of Greece and Alpha Bank, are also accompanying the delegation, he said. Other topics to be discussed include how Greek companies can participate in infrastructure projects in Qatar, he added.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, calls snap polls
- Arabs seek nuclear arms-free Middle East
- Anti-Russia protests rage in Ukraine, Stalin statue felled
- SAfricans remember Mandela with praise, prayers
- UN inspectors visit key Iran nuke site
- Ice storm causes blackouts, flight delays in US
- Ruling Congress party punished in India polls
- US proposes annual GCC defence summit
- Iran eyes better UAE ties after nuke deal
- Blatter calls for calm over Qatar 2022 problems