Syria opposition sign initial deal for new body
Doha, November 11, 2012
Syrian opposition groups have signed an initial agreement to form a new coalition of forces fighting to end the rule of President Bashar al-Assad, a Syrian delegate at talks in Doha said on Sunday.
"An initial deal has been signed. The evening session will be for electing the president of the body and his deputy," Ali Sadreddine al-Bayanouni, a Muslim Brotherhood delegate at the talks, told reporters.
The new body, made up of groups inside and outside Syria, would be called the National Coalition for Opposition Forces and the Syrian Revolution, he added. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- IILM seeks dealers for sukuk issue
- Severn Trent rejects $7.2bn Kuwait bid offer
- US chides Russia over missile delivery to Assad
- Shots fired at Cannes, actors flee for cover
- Turkey pressures UN on Syria no-fly zone
- Bankers see robust M&A recovery in 2013
- Obama budget cuts deficit $1.1 trillion over decade
- 60 injured in US train crash
- European car market ends losing streak
- S&P reaffirms negative outlook on India rating