Shot fired into Obama campaign office in Denver
Denver, October 13, 2012
A gunshot was fired into President Barack Obama's downtown Denver re-election headquarters on Friday while campaign workers were inside but no one was struck, police said.
Denver Police Detective Raquel Lopez said a worker inside the office called police in mid-afternoon to report that a bullet had shattered a window pane.
"Right now, no one is in custody and investigators are looking at surveillance video to see if a vehicle can be identified," Lopez said.
Lopez said it was a single shot and no one inside was physically injured.
Detectives are not aware of any threats made to the campaign, but are exploring all possibilities, she said. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Ruling Congress party punished in India polls
- US proposes annual GCC defence summit
- Iran eyes better UAE ties after nuke deal
- Blatter calls for calm over Qatar 2022 problems
- German factory orders fall 2 per cent
- US upbeat as jobless rate hits five-year low
- US ‘does not recognize China's air defence zone’
- Brent edges over $111; eyes on US jobs data
- NELSON MANDELA HAS DIED
- Europe braces for deadly hurricane Xaver