Qatar yet to decide on Glencore-Xstrata deal
London, September 11, 2012
Investor Qatar said on Tuesday it had not yet decided whether to support Glencore's revised bid for Xstrata and would announce a decision in due course when it had considered all the implications.
Commodities trader Glencore laid out what it said was a final $36 billion takeover offer for Xstrata on Monday, following an unexpected turnaround that ended months of stalemate with the miner's second-largest investor, Qatar.
"Qatar Holding will make its decision in due course after giving careful consideration to the implications of the proposed management changes, the other elements of the Revised Proposal and the views of Xstrata's board," it said in a brief statement. -<!--Reuters-->
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- US exits GM stake in $10bn loss for taxpayers
- World leaders gather for Mandela memorial
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in polls
- Chinese 'spied on Europeans before G20 summit'
- Bitter cold, ice grip US East Coast
- EU scraps duty on jet fuel imports
- Tech giants call for more controls on surveillance
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, calls snap polls
- Arabs seek nuclear arms-free Middle East
- Anti-Russia protests rage in Ukraine, Stalin statue felled