Germany expels Syrian ambassador
Berlin, May 29, 2012
Germany is expelling Syria's ambassador following a massacre in the town of Houla last week in which more than 100 people died, a government source said on Tuesday.
"The move was agreed in coordination with the United States, France, Britain and other partners," said the source, requesting anonymity.
An official announcement is expected later on Tuesday. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Thousands of Hezbollah fighters in Syria: Kerry
- Swiss banks fear heavy fines in US tax deal
- Oil slips towards $103 on US demand worries
- US senate backs arming Syrian rebels
- Home Depot net income hits $1.2bn
- EU regulators to cap bankers' bonuses
- Gold extends losses on firm dollar
- Qatar fund to invest $500m in Russia's VTB
- Israel fires back at Syria after troops targeted
- Monster tornado kills 51 in Oklahoma town